Monday, December 3, 2012

The Crash - Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2
I woke up realizing that there were now three people looking at me or around me in that matter. The two had wings looked so much like Ashlee and Kimmy. I called out, “Ash, Kimmy!” but they didn’t reply. They looked rather surprised when I looked at them. I wondered why. Jonah just told me to wait; he held his hand into mine.
I finally got my voice back, though croaky knowing what I’m seeing must be a dream or a nightmare. I told Jonah, “I’m thirsty” he just looked at me with those big black round eyes, a frustrated look, yet angry, it was just different than I have ever seen. He said to me, “ so am I.”
What was going on? I wondered. He looked pale, too pale in fact. Jonah’s round eyes were more wider as if dying. I had to ask, just had to, “are you dead Jonah?” Jonah just looked away. I knew the answer straight away. I was angry, the reality was too much. What I was thinking actually is real. I wasn’t delusional. It was really him, but in some other  form.
“how could you just leave me?” I screamed in anger. “not now.” I paused thinking of a way to be with him. “fine, I’m coming with you!”
He looked surprised but turned away and said I couldnt. I had to think, to risk it all, but before I could mouth my thoughts he already read it. He told me, “don’t you even dare Lyla.” He kept glaring at me but the words are not spoken. It was punctured through my mind over and over again. He was leaving me. He was just bidding his last goodbyes.
No, I had to fight back, somehow, so I won’t be alone. He promised never to leave me. I fought hard with him in my mind. I was dying anyway, the chance of my survival would only be 5%, I’ve been in the water for nearly 72 hours and counting. He softened his look and stared at me with the eyes I could never be able to win over a fight, and said, “There’s hope, even in the smallest part.” I could never live if I didn’t see those beautiful eyes, his voice, no! Never!
Jonah stroke my cheek, giving me comfort.  But now for some reason I cannot feel him. As if he wasn’t there. I thought of another way. A quicker faster way to end this, I’d rather him not see me die and I see him any longer so I can somehow move on when it’s utterly impossible. No I had to make him leave, so I would find a way to die. Maybe just maybe I could replace him dying instead.  Jonah hated me say hate. So I asked him for the several hundredth time, “are you going to leave me?”
He just stood there, no floated with me with pitiful sorrow. It punctured me to my bones when I said those words. “what is it then?” demanding for an answer. My heart was pounding and my lungs hurt more of the sorrow rather than from the internal bleeding of the punctured ribs. He finally said it coldly “yes.”
One thing to say is, Jonah never had the courage to lie to me. He was always true as long as I have ever knew him. But he knew me inside out; for me or any other person to say the most hurtful thing was  “I hate you” to your loved one. He knew I was going to say it. He told me, “don’t you even dare to say, you hate me!” a breath just ran through my lungs and I took the courage to say it “I hate you, go away!” “you’re lying.” He said with frustration.
“I hate you, you’re going to leave me.”  Catching my breath I yelled, “hate me!” and yes the two angels were looking down watching in awe or at least one of them was.
The blond-haired angel looked so pure, glistened with light just smiled that gave me more strength to fight this madness. But the black haired had a sort of grunge look, but no expression as I couldn’t read. I could over hear them talk. The blond was saying to her sister, “Help me take care of this,” with some kind of hurried expression. I didn’t exactly understand what she meant so I said nothing. The black winged just replied her graceful sister with a cold expression, not budging to the fact her sister is trying to make this event quicker somehow with some kind of magic. “This is out of our reach, its not our time to interfere,” I would hope this is over so I had agreed in my mind with the white winged angel instead of the fact the black winged angel wouldn’t do anything. She continued, “It depends on their own faith.”

The blond angel with her soft features across her face, softly and so gently just glided across the opposite side of her grunge punk sister with her so strong hard features replied, “It’s so tiring looking at humans with so much compassion yet only some have it.”
The punk angel which in my opinion really looks like the angel of death but too beautiful to be one, said to her sister with a sly smile, “Just wait and see” all this conversation went on with the two dying creatures below arguing on their own.
“please hold on Lyla. I promise to be with until the end, just like my promise to you. Just like my proposal before all this happened.”
Filled with anger, knowing I’m losing this fight to get Jonah away from either my thoughts I told him, “until the end? Until I die? No!” I screeched. That one loud scream too everything with me. My hopes, dreams, and the breathe from me. Everything became blurry, pain stricken lungs suddenly just gave in. It was time to do the plan. I had to do it, I said to myself. I rushed to hold on for one more breathe, and said to Jonah or the spirit or delusional image of Jonah, “I love you” and then I could see it. The suitcase was above me, slowing going further smaller above me and I was alone. I had no more room for more carbon dioxide in my lungs, slowly but sure my nose gave in, water slowly filled my lungs, which now mas mixed with the blood inside it.  But for some reason, I felt this was going to slow, too long. I could still see and hear. It wasn’t exactly like in films where things just went fast with the drowning victim just strangled and strangled untul no more. There was no bright light, no clouds or peace.
Above me I could still see and hear Jonah screaming but couldn’t hold me, as if he was ghost all along just trying to grab me with his fading arms and then it went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment