Monday, December 3, 2012

The Crash - Chapter 1


Imagine a love so strong even the winds couldn’t tear it apart
Imagine being so love struck your heart would explode with
Every meeting, words, smiles, and touch you felt
A love that gives all the butterflies, the sweetness
Nobody could even describe
Imagining losing all that in an instant, in the time of happiness..

All I can remember was a plane crash, and a flash of light and it went black.
Awaken by the cold air and the sound of water crashing. My head was spinning, my mouth felt dry and salty. Tried to open my eyes and all I could see was things floating around me, including myself, a suitcase that I was actually on. I lost my contacts some way or another, so everything was blurry by sight. I was alone, as I think I am, but as far as my vision goes there were bodies but with no faces I could recognize.
Then it hit me. I tried to remember the last thing on my mind. “Where’s Jonah? Ash, Kim?” I tried screaming, “help!” but nothing came out, all it was a croaking sound coming out of my throat. I felt sleepy, woozy and so I drifted back to unconsciousness. A distinct voice was calling me, but I couldn’t recall who, “stay awake Lyla, please stay awake! Live!”
I knew that voice somewhere, my mind kept drifting on and my eyes tried to open trying to see in the with my poor vision it was Jonah. I tried to call back, “Jonah, Jonah!” but there was no reply. I was scared as hell, but where is he? I thought.
 I called out again for Ashlee and Kimberly the twins but again no answer. I felt pain on my left side. It was numb but some hot scorching hot pain was there. I looked down; there was no wound, no blood. I think I broke my ribs. I started coughing up blood.
Being a pharmacist gives you the advantage on knowing what actually happens to the body in medical terms, yes I have a feeling my ribs has punctured my lungs. The after effects are, coughing up blood. This is not good I thought.  Unless someone comes to the rescue maybe I could make it in time before my lungs are filled with my own blood.  I needed rest, so I thought of drifting back to sleep just to take away the pain.
This time it was night again. I tried counting; I think I slept for maybe a whole day. This time I was completely alone, no suitcases, no parts of the crash in sight. I wanted to go home.  I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t, the salt water has made me dehydrated. I wanted to die right there, get this over and done with. Just let me die in peace. And it happened, Jonah was next to me, he kissed me on the tip of my head. I felt relieved, I wanted to cry on his shoulders, hold him tight, and tell him how frightened I am. I wanted to say or actually attempting to say, “What are you doing here?” and then he replied without even speaking a word through my mind, “just stay calm, you’ll be alright I promise you.” As if telepathizing with the sweet boy in front of me, I spoke with my mind, “are we dead? are you dead?” the reality just hit me, is he dead? I thought. He just smiled back.
He held my head against his chest. I wish we were home. I wished we never went to Hawaii at the first place.
In another dimension, two angels were looking down at the woman floating adrift in the cold sea water below. Without speaking or without moving her lips one of the angels, the blond sparkling white graceful babe said to her sister, the dark haired-emo-mysterious girl yet beautiful as her sister angel  was floating beside her, “will we be able to take her?” her dark hair sister replied, “we shall see, her love won’t let us, at least not yet.”
Back down below, Lyla was thinking or maybe drifting in the cold deep blue sea.
I was struck down, knowing that this vacation would become a disaster, leaving my fiancée, yes my fiancée Jonah and two of my best friends in danger. I really hope somewhere they are alive. What I say and heard as Jonah has to be my own delusion, the effects of dehydration.  I hope they are alive, safe, and fine, not like me. But the fear kept creeping up in my lungs, making me hard to breath, as if giving me the fact that something is terribly wrong. And then out of nowhere, Jonah is beside me again. As if I’m calling for him just to be with him. As if my inner conscience wants him here. Again I thought why is he here? He can’t die, no shouldn’t, couldn’t!
How can this happen to me? This was supposed to be a great time; it was just before we left for Hawaii that he proposed. Yes he proposed. I loved him with all my heart and of course I said yes. So many things we’ve been through together for the past 10 years. High school as arch enemies, graduated for the same university. No way is this happening. I remember meeting him for the first time as lab partners in chemistry class. We were fighting so much on how we should or how much we should dilute a solution.  It all just escalated from there. The joking, the laughing about how much teachers aren’t married, He teased me about me having a dream to be a teacher and how I could end up just like my single-unmarried old teachers. Yes, I fret about that a lot. But now, well then before he went missing he took that fear away from me. I wasn’t going to live alone.
The funny thing about Jonah is, I never thought of him as my “one”. He never was my type. He was tall, thin too thin, very well dressed for a guy, I was the opposite. I never think of what clothes to wear to campus, I was short as hell, chubby all in the wrong places. We were different for a fact. He was rich, I was not. He had all the girls fall at his feet, me no boy would fall head over heels to take a glimpse at me. I was just the girl with the scholarships. Now suddenly out of nowhere he’s with me once again. I laughed to myself, I must be losing a lot of blood to be delusional.
He said to me, “will you still love me?” I answered him, “of course.”
The angels looked down at the two creatures, one dying of internal bleeding, one hardly alive or breathing but holding on to his dear one. The man was holding his dear one, looking up to the two fallen angels, he said, “you can’t take her until I say so.” The angels just hovered not intending to say a word in reply. He stroked her pale cheeks. He pleaded to the angels, “give me more time. Let her live please.”
Lyla heard everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment